Our Thanksgiving was happy in Pittsburgh. Sam had the greatest time playing with Zack. Dave and I went to a movie!! Sam enjoyed being fed by Zack and Nunny-- so much that he now wants me to put his food on the fork and hand it to him. He also met Aunt Julie's dog, Bella, and Sam is always happy when dogs are involved. We could have done without the car ride though. The way there was horrible (one hour into the trip, I thought "this is a mistake we have to turn around"). But the ride home wasn't as bad. Dave finally broke down and agreed to buy a portable DVD player (he got a deal on Black Friday). I think the movies helped occupy his time better in the car than, say, his toy cars.
In other news I took a self defense class. My stay at home mom bible study group completed a study titled "Empowerment for Women" and the final class was a self defense class. I always wanted to take the class, so I was glad to have the opportunity for free. Most of the time we listened to the "master" talk about different scenarios and how important it is to be aware and portray confidence, but we also learned 6 moves and were able to practice on each other-- it was rough. NO, I'm kidding. we practiced with martial art experts who had protective gear. I'm not sure if I feel any more confident about my ability to handle myself in an attack situation or not...We have a busy weekend coming up. Today we pick out our tree and take Sam's Christmas photo. Tomorrow we're heading to Greenville to visit Lillian, and Sunday and Monday Dave is painting the upstairs and downstairs hallways. Oh, and most importantly, Dave's birthday is Saturday! There are new photos in the November gallery.
No comments:
Post a Comment