Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Right Down Santa Claus Lane

Santa made a stop at our neighborhood clubhouse again this year, and Sam got to visit with the man. I can't think of a time when Sam was shy. If he's unsure of someone, he just cries and screams. Or, he might stare and then run away, but I've never witnessed a bashful moment. The point is, he was definitely shy with Santa. He kept his head down and body angled away from Santa, but he never let on that he was scared or anything. He would start to smile a little, but then put his head down farther and poke at the present Santa brought him.

As for the Christmas decorations, Sam loves everything. He especially loves the tree. He likes to touch the lights and ornaments (of course). I moved all the ornaments to the top of the tree, but left a few below so he can play with them. He also likes to dance to a pair of singing snowmen. The stuffed decoration sings a song about eating a ton of delicious Christmas goodies (fitting for our family), and Sam can't get enough of the two. He likes mom to join in on dancing, and one day I finally had to call it quits after ten renditions. Here's a little video of him dancing:




Sam met his newest cousin Lillian a couple weeks ago. He didn't pay much attention to her-- he was more interested in chasing the cat. But, he definitely notices my growing belly. He likes to rub it and occasionally give it a kiss; although, I don't think it's because he knows there is a baby growing inside.


He's "talking" more. He can say yes and no (but he doesn't use them to say yes or no to anything, he just says the words). He says moo (more like boo) for cow, and eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and hair. I believe he's also saying "this." I don't think most people would understand what he is saying, but we're counting them as words.

I've been busy getting ready for Christmas-- finishing up shopping, addressing cards, planning a menu and baking some cookies. I must start earlier-- much, much, much earlier next year, because I can't envision me completing all the tasks with two kids in a short period of time. Dave said he doesn't want me to be someone who starts her shopping in July, but I can see that is exactly where I'm headed. There are new photos in the December gallery, many of which are our numerous failed attempts at a Christmas card photo.

No comments: