Hmmm, let's see if anyone can figure out our news from the above photograph? I had a friend who shared his news with a photo just like Sam's, and I knew what he was telling me immediately. However, several people, young and old haven't caught on (so much for my shot at creativity). The best was probably my dad, who thought Sam was a big brother to Sienna. When I told him he was wrong, he thought I bought the shirt second-hand. He had to be walked through the concept until he arrived at the answer. So, I am currently 14 weeks pregnant, and our second little pookie is scheduled to arrive March 22. All is progressing nicely. I had nasuea for 3 weeks (never had that with Sam). Ever since, my only problem is fatigue, and I am waiting for that to go away any day now since I'm well into the second trimester. Of course, Sam has no idea what is going on, even though we tell him.
Speaking of our little guy, he enjoys getting into everything. He figured out how to open the lazy susan in the kitchen, which is where I keep the plastic storage containers. He takes out all the containers and stacks them, and the lids, in all sorts of configurations and carries them around the house. This is a great activity to occupy his time while I prepare dinner. Of course, there is the small issue of dog hairs on everything, but I am not about to wash 20 plus containers every night (they're so hard to dry), so I told Dave beware of dog hairs and rinse or blow them off before using said containers.

He can also reach so high and far. I'm running out of places to keep items he shouldn't get his hands on. Case in point-- I was cooking dinner and Sam was by the console table (which I can't see from the kitchen). Many of his books are on the bottom shelf of the 3 shelf table, so it was no big deal that he was over there by himself. However, I was caught up in making dinner and realized that 10 minutes passed and I hadn't heard a word out of Sam (usually a bad sign). I ran over to the table. There he was, surrounded by the contents of an entire box of tissues, with the box between his legs, and the most serious look on his face as he continued to pull tissues out, pause and continue the serious work. It was so funny, and super easy clean up! The tissues were on the top shelf, in the center and as close to the wall as possible, but now they're not safe. I completely underestimated the determination of a toddler on his tippy toes. And, now when he finds the box of tissues (that I hid in a different place) he cries because he wants to play with the tissues.
Sam also wants what he wants when he wants it. He gets his scooter stuck, he takes off running and screaming until the problem is fixed. I'm dusting, he screams and yells because he wants the dust cloth. I sweep the patio, he cries because he wants the broom. The list goes on and on. I don't always give in and sometimes I can't give in because I don't know what he wants.
Finally, Sam is an early riser. Sometimes as early as 5 a.m. It stinks.
1 comment:
Congrats on your Little Pookie! I can't wait for March 22 to roll around....maybe your next one will have red hair, too? Glad you're over the nausea....is that how you spell it? And that's too funny about Sam and the Kleenex....very serious stuff apparently...Miss ya!
Post a Comment