Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pre-beach beach trip

Sam and I went to visit na-nah and na-dah last week. First we visited the Battista and Gunn families who were vacationing for the week in HH. Lynne and Josh have an 11 week old daughter, Camryn, so I finally got to meet her. Of course, she's adorable. Even though it hasn't been that long since I had an infant, it definitely wasn't like "riding a bike." I did not feel comfortable holding such a tiny baby that wasn't my own. I was so worried I was going to hurt her. Na-nah watched Sam play in and around the pool while Lynne and I talked. There we were, me and Lynne. Two moms in our tankinis. We had to laugh at how the times have changed. As always, the visit was too short.

The next day we went to the beach. As soon as Sam got out of the stroller he made a bee line for the ocean. He stopped as soon as the water touched his toes. He watched the waves move in and out. Each time a wave washed over his feet, he would lose his footing and fall in the water. Then he would sit there and play in the water. He also went on a long walk/run on the beach. I don't know what we were thinking by bringing beach chairs, we didn't get to sit in them for long. When we got home he went skinny dipping in the pool to wash all of the sand off his body. He had an exhausting day. Sam had tan lines in his fat rolls on his arms and legs before we went to the beach, now they're more pronounced. It's so cute.

On Saturday we didn't do much except go to the playground (I went to the outlets to shop Carter's and Osh Kosh) and out to dinner. But, our playground time was cut short by a rain storm.It had been a while since Sam saw his Staab grandparents. Sam had no problem with na-nah, but he was scared of na-dah on the first day. As soon as na-dah talked to him, Sam started to cry and put his head down, as if that would hide him from the scary man. All was well by the end of the trip, but it was funny that first day. Sam enjoyed playing with na-nah and na-dah's dog Reagan immediately. Sam crawled all over her, chased her and played with all of her toys. In fact, he spent the first two days walking all over the house with her food dish. Reagan took it in stride, unlike our dog, who does not like Sam. It's been a challenge now that we're home, because Sam tries to treat Sienna like Reagan, and she's not having it one bit.

Not much else has been happening. Sam can climb to the top of his slide and almost get his legs swung around to slide down bottom first. Otherwise, he goes head-first. There are new July and August photos.

1 comment:

aunt uncle julie said...

it's been over 2 weeks since your last post... i dont even know if sam is saying my name... can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! did i hear there's a field trip to the zoo!?!?!