Yesterday, Sam visited the pediatrician for his 15 month check up. He weighs 25.2 lbs (65%), is 31 3/4" long (70%) and his head is 19 cm (80%). He received two vaccines. The doctor didn't see any problems. But Sam doesn't say anything except dada and dog. The doctor wants him to have a vocabulary of 5 additional words by his 18 month visit or it's off to speech therapy. Of course, we're not at all worried. I can think of 2 boys who are the exact same age as Sam (one is 1 month older) and neither one of them speak more than 3 words. And I didn't speak until I was almost 2 years of age. He's the only child who is home with me all day, so his vocabulary will naturally take longer to expand.
Not much is happening on our end. We take Sam to the pool a couple times a week, but he's mostly interested in walking up to every single person and standing there smiling at them or getting into their pool bags. Dave takes him down the slide (I'm too scared to take him down) and he really likes that activity.
Speaking of his daddy, Sam loves him. Over the past 2 or 3 weekends Sam only wants his daddy. He does not want me to hold him, it has to be Dave. The first time it happened I was slightly hurt, but now I think it's great and cute. Hey, I'll gladly hand the reins to Dave for a couple days!The other day the three of us were outside and I sneezed. Sam threw his head forward and said "achoo" and giggled. We thought it was hilarious and continued to play the game with him. Sam also throws the tennis ball in the yard for Sienna to retrieve. This means Sam finally walks in the grass. He likes to venture into the yard, but he still approaches it with some hesitancy. We have a hill in the back and one day Sam got to the hill and stopped so I walked over to him. He sounded a little gasp and reached for my hand. He gripped my hand tightly and we slowly walked down the hill. I loved every minute of it.
We visited Matt and Molly for the day on Sunday, which is a two hour drive. Sam basically hated every minute in the car. He cried and cried and cried. Especially on the trip home. Nothing would make him stop crying until I gave him my cell phone. Unfortunately, I didn't think to hand him the phone until we were 10 minutes from home. I'm so nervous, because next week I'm driving to Hilton Head all by myself with him. If he cries the whole way I'll be a wreck. Pray that we don't have any problems during our trip, either to HH or back home. There are new July photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment