Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Haircut and other Stuff


Sam had his first haircut on Saturday. We took him to a place that caters to children; for example, Sam sat in a firetruck while he got his haircut. Yes, the place is a rip off, and we won't go back, but it was good place to capture the milestone in pictures. He was fine with the cutting action-- it was the electric razor that made him cry. I'm sure the vibrations and noise scared the little guy. I'm pleased with the final product. I don't think he entirely lost his baby look, but I may see him through mommy goggles and am in denial.

We've been able to get outside the past couple days. Sam loves the outdoors and the wind in his hair. I feel bad, because the first time I took him outside, a few weeks back, he was barefoot and his feet got scratched. This time I used shoes, and I'm so glad I did. The shoes are practically ruined-- better his shoes than his tootsies. Interestingly, Sam won't leave the patio. He will pull at the grass on the edge of the patio, and will pick up grass clippings on the patio, but he always stops short of crawling onto the grass. He'll even lift his knee like he's going to venture out into the unknown, but then stops and puts his knee back on the cement. I should carry him out to the grass. I didn't push it this time, because we had a lot of rain over the weekend and I was worried his knees would soak up mud.

Peek-a-boo is another fun activity Sam enjoys. He plays with Dave and me, and he even plays with the character Paul, in the classic book "Pat the Bunny." Another cute thing he does is when I enter the play room, he will make a beeline to his basketball and roll/throw it to me, then I roll it back and the game continues until something else catches his eye, or until Sienna brings her toy to the baby gate and wants to play too. I could go on and on about Sam's discoveries, but will end it here. Enjoy a few videos below and additional photos in the March folder.


No comments: