

Another late post! Sorry! We have been keeping busy here in the Ribar household. Let's see, well Sam went to the pool for the first time this summer. He is not as natural as last summer when he did the back stroke, but he likes the water. He thinks it's a ginormous bathtub. He also went to the Discovery Museum. That was an adventurous outing, but I won't go into the details. He is still too young for the majority of the museum, but he enjoyed the area that was for kids 3 and under.
I also finally got Sam a pair of shoes that fit (notice the above picture he has no shoes)! He is a size 5 and he was wearing size 3 and 4 shoes! How embarrassing. Supposedly the feet grow every 2 to 3 months! Sam loves, loves, loves to look at himself in the mirror or anything that will reflect his image (oven, sink faucet, windows). He claps his hands, raises his arms, laughs, smiles, talks and plays peekaboo with his reflection.On to food. It takes many, many, many attempts to get Sam to try a new food. I read that it can take 30 times before a child will try or like something new. It was the same for ketchup. It didn't take quite 30 times, but if ketchup was on his plate-that was the end of the meal! One day I dipped roasted potatoes in his ketchup and he loved it. He began to dip his potatoes and fingers in the ketchup by himself. We went to chick-fil-a for the first time and I thought, "he won't know what to do with the waffle fries and chicken nuggets..." WRONG! Now, cake. As you know, his first taste of cake was not liked, but now, oh man- he loves it.
As for corn, I'm referring to corn on the cob. He usually picks around the corn kernels in a vegetable medley, but when I handed him a small ear of the yellow stuff on the cob-- he went to town! Although, the next day I tried again and he threw the ear to the dog.My dad asked me on the phone, "So, what's Sam up to?" My answer, "ummm." It's so hard to reiterate all of his advancements, if you will. They all seem to happen effortlessly and I can only recall the day, or two before that. I can see this when Dave is with Sam on the weekends. Dave is like, "he's doing, this and this and this." And I'm like, "yea, he's been doing that for a while..." So, my point is I'm forgetting to tell you many things and Sam wants you to visit so you can see for yourself! There are new photos in the June folder.
1 comment:
HAPPY 4TH RIBAR FAMILY!!! miss you guys... LOVE sam's bathing suit!!!
Post a Comment